· Qualifications & Hiring
· Working Conditions &
· Required visa document
· Criminal Background
  Check & Apostille
· KGC 소개
· 비자서류
· 구인등록
· 강사리스트
· 강사채용절차
Alien Registration Card
Apostille in Korea
Association for Teachers of English in Korea
Banking in Korea
Basic Scotland Disclosure(Criminal record)- The British
Class Hours
Contract Termination
Criminal Background Check
Damage Utility deposite
Dress Code
Drinking Water
Education In Korea
Employee Duties
English Edition Newspapers
English Radio Station
F2 visa ( Foreigners married to Koreans)
F3 visa ( Spouse Visa)
FBI check-American
First Impression
Interview Tips
Japan Visa Run
Job Photos
Making a call
Necessary documents for Korean Consulate
New Visa Rule
Official Sealed Transcript
Overseas Korean Consulate (1)
Home | ESL Experience in Korea | Information for Teachers
Damage Utility deposite
Name : Anna   Date : 2008-11-11

Because of bad experiences in the past, or simply to protect themselves, Korean employers will many times request a damage/utility deposit for their accommodations. This is so that, in the event the teacher does not pay all of his or her utilities before leaving the country once their contract is finished, or in the event that the teacher damages the apartment or furnishings in some way, the employer will not suffer any losses as a result.

If an employer does require a damage deposit, they will usually deduct a small amount from the teacher's first few pay-days, normally around 200,000 won each month for three months, totaling 600,000 won. The deposit, minus outstanding utility bills and damage repair costs, is returned to the employee on the last day of his or her contract, provided that the employer has been able to inspect the apartment and verify that all utilities have been paid. Teachers should check their contract for specifics.


이전글 Necessary documents for Korean Consulate
다음글 Making a call
· Public School
· Private Language
· AfterSchool Program
· Comparative Table
Click for 서울특별시, South Korea Forecast
Enter amount:
Convert from:
Convert to: